Monday, July 26, 2010

Words that Last a Lifetime.

Psalm 19:14
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


Have you ever been challenged to pray every morning at the very least before you go about your day and before your feet ever touch the floor? What about reading a Bible verse or two? As soon as I saw this Psalm, I thought that this would be a great thing to share with the Lord everyday to keep on track. Often when I'm given mini challenges, I try to go beyond that mini challenge and magnify it by seeking that challenge for several days. Anyways, I think that I'm going to utter this verse each day.

If you ask God to direct your thoughts and words, then that will help remind yourself everyday of God's authority. With free will, sure we can say anything or think anything that we want; we're driven by our thoughts and words without a doubt. However, we should glorify God with everything that we do. If we ask him just to help us think before we speak and act, then that will make things so much easier day by day. Do you realize how much this helps? If you accept this challenge, you're still going to fall and make mistakes, but you won't be regretting every last thing.

You'll be surprised at what this can do. If you forever etch this verse in your mind, you'll be amazed at how often you're about to speak or act only to notice that you've been cut off because deep inside of you, this seemingly mediocre task is molding you into a transformed person of Christ.

This world is far too chaotic to be in the midst of it everyday without God. If you have God by your side everyday and acknowledge him, the Lord will be your rock and stronghold.

Listen and sing along to "Here In My Life" by Hillsong United!



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause. P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: