Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Rock of Refuge.

Psalm 144:1-2
1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me.


You don't have to go very far to know that if you are a follower of Christ that you will be attacked, criticized, and nearly in the middle of a war at times. Some people are extremists against Christianity. However, look at the adjectives in this scripture reading. Notice how many words here have a strong, powerful connotation, such as: rock, war, battle, fortress, stronghold, deliverer, shield, and refuge. Isn't that incredible that the Lord can make you strong enough to overcome the fiercest battles?

When you're going through the blustery storms of your life, try picturing God as your rock. Get that image in your mind now before the storm clouds blow in the region. Additionally, the Lord - our rock, refuge, and redeemer can help us find a hiding place from the enemy. We need to realize that there are always clouds of evil surrounding us and it is imperative that we have God to protect us.

I mentioned mediating on Psalm 19:14 yesterday. This is another passage that relates to a similar matter. If you are aware of God's awesome power, you will see God open many doors for you. However, if you are blinded by the devil's evil lashes against you, then it will be pretty difficult. Those who work as a missionary in fairly dangerous countries rely on the Lord to clear their paths so that they can serve to the best of their ability given the hostile conditions. No matter how comfortable we feel at home, we should prepare for the worst as well. The calm, comforting conditions aren't always going to be with us; God says that we will be persecuted and hurt sometimes. Solidify your rock and shelter - NOW!



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause. P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: