Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Taking that Step: Rise.

Ephesians 5:14
14 for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."


When someone tells you to "Wake up and let's go" it's quite alarming. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so essentially we just lay there. When God and the Holy Spirit step into the picture, in the end we feel it's more of an inspiring and spiritual "let's go" chant. If we are open to receive the wake up call, it can be just the push that we need!

When you were young, what did you say that you wanted to be when you grew up? As a child, we have many dreams. I know from the age of three I wanted to be a meteorologist. Now, I'm a freshman in college, and that's what I'm studying. I've always said I'm not going to let anything stop me from acquiring my goal. Meteorology requires an abundance of math, and math isn't my strongest subject at all. However, I continually try and press forward in my weak areas especially. Hopefully, one day I will see the other side of this and successfully become a meteorologist. I have realized that it's not going to be easy.

God wants us to follow through with our dreams, in a sense. He wants us to "rise from the dead" and pursue the seemingly impossible tasks, for he won't leave us during these times. With this, you will feel an incredible amount of power. We don't get a magical "overcoming challenges" potion. However, as we overcome feats and challenges, God gives us life. We have to get up and get going. God is not going to force us to do anything. While your goals that you have set for yourself may look rather unobtainable, once you tackle the challenges, you will be awed at God's awesome power to help you continue your journey!

No comments: