Friday, January 22, 2010

Tasting the Spiritual Fruit.

Psalm 34:1-8
1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Do you ever think something is going to taste bad until the day you try it and it tastes really good? I always thought that spinach dip would be unappetizing since I didn't like spinach. I mean that does make sense. A nice, chocolate cake that I actually like seemed better. However, I had no idea until I tried the spinach dip. So that's what I did a few years ago. I expected to have a poor taste. Meanwhile, I love to snack on it! My expectations were far different.

David invites us to taste and see the joy that God brings and his overall goodness. Usually in our Christian walk, we resist the invitation. However, I know by proceeding at my own pace, I grew in remarkable ways.

Many times we think we have to live every moment full of fun and excitement. We thought, "let's not concern ourselves with just another religion" Do the do's and don't of Christianity (all the rules) leave a bitter taste in your mouth? Maybe you've been accepting of God's truth all your life.

Despite David's difficulty in life, he still trusted the Lord. He saw first-hand the blessings the Lord has to offer. Spiritual eyes help to lead the way.

Don't starve for the love of God and miss out on the blessings he has to offer you if you truly accept him. May your bowl of fruit may be good tasting and openly received.

No comments: