Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Living in God as God.

Psalm 63:1-8
1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.


Whenever things aren't quite normal in my house, others help us, especially our church family. For example, when someone has had surgery in the past, our church would send cards and even provide meals for us. Our church family is always a bright light during these times.

Enough gratitude can't really be expressed in a situation like that. It's also good sometimes just to grace others with your presence when they are facing times with great need. Even though it's hard when we're busy, spending time with someone is usually appreciated just as well.

The same can be said when it come to our spiritual life. We can show another act of faith by committing ourselves to something else new in the church. However, we can just as easily spend more time with God. We just don't make it easy because we don't fit it into our schedules.

So while it's good to do things for God, don't forget the obvious: to spend time with your gracious and loving God.

No comments: