Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just Ask.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.


Just a few minutes ago, I became really stressed when I got on a college kick realizing that I'm well into my senior year of high school. I was struggling with how I was going to get through the long, drawn-out process. I turned to the Bible and was led to read this passage in Matthew. I read some and then reflected. Then, I logged onto the computer, and this same passage appeared again, this time in my e-mail. That's an example of God speaking to me for sure.

So many times we want to carry the weight of life on our shoulders alone We don't have to though. Not only can you talk to family and friends, but you can ask them for help. I think it's just human nature: we don't want to admit that we don't know the answers. I know that I need to ask teachers and other adults for help on how to get through the scholarship process or to help with me anything along the way.

We can't worry about how unintelligent we may seem to be by asking for help. Therefore, seek the answers and find help. Perseverance is a very important quality in this case. We must knock! However, many times we play a sort of ding-dong ditch. In other words, we ring the doorbell, but then we quickly flee for many reasons, like being frightened or an effect of our self image as described above.

God wants us to bring in this concept into our spiritual lives as well. Any issues we have, we need to bring before him. We need to be open and honest because that is key to a healthy relationship, especially on our part with God; we know that God is never going to fail us. Don't complain, but ask the Lord for his guidance through any situation.

Push our complaints aside Lord, for you have been so kind to us. Let me focus on you and listen to your will for me today.

No comments: