Monday, January 11, 2010

Blood of Jesus.

Matthew 27:24-25
24 When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!"
25 All the people answered, "Let his blood be on us and on our children!"


I don't know about you, but I wash my hands frequently. I just always feel better if I always have my hands clean. Whether or not there's ketchup or dirt on my hands, I'd prefer to have the soft, clean feeling after washing them.

I guess you could say that washing your hands seems slightly suspicious almost as if trying to remove some evidence. That's certainly the way it seems in this case. Pilate appeared to want to claim innocence after demanding Jesus to be crucified, which was certainly traditional behavior of Jews. He must have wanted to remove any evidence off his hands so he didn't get blamed for Jesus' death.

We do things everything that are undeserving of Jesus' blood. Yet, it's still offered to us because Christ died for us. The blood of Christ is available to us through great mercy.

Be responsible for your own wrongdoings, yet go appreciate God's grace and mercy today. Seek refuge in the blood of Jesus Christ!

A good song for today is "Nothing But The Blood" by Matt Redman and various artists.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: