Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dressing for God.

Ephesians 4:24
24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.


I don't know about you but I'm definitely not a morning person. Waking up at 5 AM is too early and it takes me what seems like just about all day to wake up and then it's time to go to sleep all over again. That doesn't make it easy to get ready in the morning. One of biggest difficulties is figuring out what I'm going to wear. I have plenty but I can't always decide. Plus, I try not to wear something that I wore in the last few weeks. Then again, certain clothes are more comfortable than others. I can't believe I care so much about this. So I guess that's one of my many idiosyncrasies.

Anyways, no matter what we decide to wear each morning, we have to remember to put on the armor of God (doesn't say in this verse but it does mention in the book of Ephesians which I have discussed before). Also, as this verse suggests, we need to put on the person that God made us to be...as Christians. Certainly, God isn't calling you to be fake. Be your true self and there were will be less questions asked especially in the long term. These clothes will always fit us for they consist of our character!

May people today see Jesus in you. Ask God to guide you throughout the day and do as we would do in all situations.

No comments: