Tuesday, January 26, 2010

God Has a Sense of Humor.

Isaiah 43:19
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.


I can't believe it. Certain things you're doing now you would never have dreamed of doing in a million years. For example, if you would have asked me 3 years ago to write a Christian blog on a daily basis, I would have laughed at you. After all, I was just getting comfortable in my faith. Why would I ever want to share it with others?

Boy, does God have a sense of humor. God gives me the strength each day to share his word based on what's on my heart. He's given me the gift of being able to understand more Bible verses or at least have a somewhat valid interpretation of it. He has given me the ability to be more open about my faith. Lastly, he has given me the opportunity to learn about him through others. It is clear that God still has this role for me laid out on the horizon. However, God is always creating something new in you and me!

Did you ever notice that whenever you have the idea of something "new" in your head your mind is consumed with fear? It almost seems like a vicious cycle of three steps. Fear, prayer, skills provided by God if its in his will for you to accomplish something. It's scary. I'm not a Bible scholar, I'm just a senior in high school. However, God's working in me.

Nonetheless, God calls those who are unlikely to do the awe-inspiring things. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can tell you that God will call on you to do "new things." No worries though because God will equip us with the tools, skills, and motivation we need. So, surrender and give into something heavenly!

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the day that I become a math major because I have little sense in math!!! It comes and it goes :)

A wonderful song is "Whatever You're Doing" by Sanctus Real. It fits perfectly into today's discussion. Notice the shift in the lyrics in the last minute or so of the song. The words show some confidence initially followed by complete confidence because of God in the end.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: