Monday, January 4, 2010

God Follows Your Shadow.

Psalm 91:1-6; 14
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

My youth director posted verse 14 on facebook last week and it's perfect because we're approaching the most difficult time of the year for many. Now that the holidays are over, any happiness and joy are often replaced by stress and depression from all the expenses that are expected to be paid off.

That's why I wanted to talk about security in God today. Well, I have something to tell you; there is hope. God is always near even when you are in harm's way.

I love the fact that God will take us under his wing. If we know simply that God is all around us then it will help us when we have physical challenges along with spiritual challenges for he gives us strength and wisdom.

God's tenderness is shown in the end when he says those who love me and acknowledge my name will be rescued and saved. He hears our cry in the biggest of battles.

Read all of Psalm 91. It is a very good chapter. In fact, you should print it out from biblegateway.com and put it somewhere you look everyday. If you become discouraged in the next month or so, read Psalm 91.

No comments: