Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Music is a Gift from God.

Psalm 40:3
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.


Doesn't it seem like now, more than ever, people love music? I know I do. I'm sure that's certainly true for many others with all the gadgets online, including music which is right at our fingertips. Technology has allowed CDs to be replaced by iPods. It has revolutionized the music industry in many ways; some ways are good and some that have negative impacts. I know it certainly has increased illegal downloads online, which definitely hurts musicians.

Anyway, I must say the only music that truly satisfies me is Christian music. While I do have some secular songs (just rock) on my iPod, I primarily ignore it and go right to the good stuff. When I'm driving, I choose to listen to Christian music.

Even in the Bible's time, music was good. David says that music brings out the best of God. God rewrites the mp3 players and iPods of our heart by saving us from the world's destruction and heartache. If you listen to God's music, it gives you reasons to sing about the joy that God has which he brings to us on a level which we can receive. Finally, have you ever noticed how everyday you hear a song on the Christian radio that describes how your day is going? It's not a coincidence!

Do you sing songs enough to God to show how you truly feel about him? Don't be afraid to sing a little about our one and only loving God...even if it's not in church. Worship God when you feel comfortable and soon it won't matter where you are...you will always worship him!

Given today's devotion, I must add in some music today!



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: