Saturday, February 6, 2010

Don't Hide Your Faith.

Psalm 40:9-10
9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips,
as you know, O LORD.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.


Yesterday I talked about how David wants us to live for God. Now, how can we respond to God's goodness and holiness?

The most logical thing to do is to talk about God's goodness to others. If we know about it, why not talk about it? Don't be modest and avoid telling your friends about him. Don't forget about telling your friends either. This is important to do for it lets you tell people how much of an impact God's goodness has had on you, personally!

How do we go about talking to others about God? Unseal your lips and be open allowing God's goodness to flow right out of you. Don't worry about whether or not it's the right time to mention God. The person who you talk to about God may not have had nearly all the experiences you have had, if any.

Do you ever go to talk about God but feel you're mouth is just stuck? How could we make it easier? This is where you to turn to God. Ask him for the desire and the strength to tell others the Good News - believers and non-believers. I recommend setting a goal for yourself in regard to this for the upcoming week. For example, say: "I'm going to proclaim God's goodness to one person this week."

No comments: