Monday, February 1, 2010

God is Good Even When You're Waiting.

Psalm 40:1-2
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.


It's the first day of the workweek and first day of February already. I'm going to kick off the first week or so talking about Psalm 40. David talks about times when he's in despair in this chapter. He more or less is anxious. So we'll take a closer look at that.

I want to start off by asking you how good is your God? Time to step off the pedestal for a minute and think about this question. Let your thoughts be not of you right now.

When you see something that's worthy of God-like behavior, doesn't it feel pretty good? Why is that? Because it's true! God is mighty.

It also feels good because the bottom line is God is our God and we're a part of his family. This was all possible because of the blood of Jesus. Go ahead, and remind others of God's goodness by mentioning he's a God of endless love and endless mercy.

Meanwhile, it's a wonderful feeling to be rescued by anyone, but in particular, rescued by God. Eventually you learn to trust him and lean on him. He's never late, which can help you have patience. Finally, once he picks you up, he always puts your feet on solid ground.

Make an extra effort to talk about God wherever you go today. Also, if you are waiting on God today, he's still the same good God that he was yesterday, trust me. Just wait patiently.

Listen to "Came To My Rescue" by Hillsong today. It's the first time I've heard it and it's beautiful!



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: