Saturday, February 13, 2010

Daily Purification.

Psalm 51:1
1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.


There's been a lot of rain lately here in South Florida and it's the dry season. I don't remember ever having this much rain during the winter. I guess there's the saying when it rains, it pours, right? Once it rains, the ground immediately gets wet and things can become messy especially when we track the mud in from outside. Then we have to clean things up.

That's how our Christian life is sometimes. Specifically, it's what the Holy Spirit does to us. Our body is a temple. However, we often live in the worldly ways which creates a great big moral mess of ourselves interfering with our interaction with God. Realize that it affects your spiritual life by tracking in the mud.

The good news is that when we surrender to God, he removes the muddy track to keep our spiritual relationship in line. Therefore, as I often say: be involved in the Bible and prayer in order to hear God guide you for the sake of your well-being. We can count on God for purifying our souls!

Here's the song "Forgiven" by Sanctus Real. I have to say my favorite line in the song is: "When I don't measure up too much in this life, Oh, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ."

--EDIT: Forgot to add the song. Here it is!



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: