Monday, February 22, 2010

Dreaming of Heaven.

1 Chronicles 29:15
15 We are aliens and strangers in your sight, as were all our forefathers. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope.


In retrospect, when I was a young child, the things I asked for were quite funny. Oh, the simple things we were intrigued by! One Christmas, all I wanted was a belt, for example.

Then, when my favorite shows were on I would say, "I'm going to watch this everyday until the day I die." Now, in reality, I realize that isn't even close to being possible. Why was I attracted to a couple good tv shows? Because it made me set a goal and seemed promising.

Everybody longs for something. It just changes over time. It is in your DNA to want something more out of life. As humans, we're never satisfied with what we have in the now.

As Christians, we realize that our time on earth is short relative to eternal life in heaven. Thus, we begin to see the world for what it really is. We realize there is a heaven and we feel it calling our name.

Let your greatest desire be that of heaven!

No comments: