Friday, February 5, 2010

God's Wants.

Psalm 40:6-8
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced;
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.
7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.
8 I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."


God doesn't dwell within you using the Holy Spirit for nothing. Part of the reason he's there is for us to experience his altogether and complete goodness. What should we do as a result of this honest to goodness, goodness?

David tells God and all of us that he realizes God isn't looking for worship in the sense of bodily sacrifices, like when David's ears were pierced. God does want his wants, unlike the things we can't always have. While we aren't asked to literally sacrifice ourselves, God wants us to sacrifice our time.

When David saw just how good God was, it changed him forever. It meant that he wasn't to just be at church service on Sundays, instead it meant that he would be ACTIVELY INVOLVED in worshiping the Lord.

David wants you to follow God's will. By doing so, you can live according to his goodness. Think about what you want today and how much of it really is what God would want. Don't get stuck in the rules and rituals of Christianity. Make it unique for you. Finally, let him help you respond to his holiness in a way that he desires for you.

No comments: