Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why Know God's Word?

Psalm 119:11-16
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.


Think of an activity that you do best. It may be cooking, playing football, or teaching. Even though it's what you're good at, what is the natural thing to do? Keep practicing so that you can get better, right? You love doing this activity, but still you want to gain more skills.

The same thing is true with regard to the Bible. When we read the Bible, we learn about God and his love, we understand him more, and thus we can form a more intimate relationship with him. This is exactly why the Bible exists! We should not feel we have to read it, but we should be excited to read it.

Not only that, but the Bible should be read as a guide. It guides us through the obstacles, very precisely and accurately. I promise you, IT WILL NEVER FAIL YOU! No matter how much Godly wisdom you may think you have, reading the Bible is very important because there's always something to learn about the Kingdom of God.

"This book will keep you from sin or sin will keep you from this book." ~Unknown

No comments: