Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Replace Fear with Trust.

Psalm 56:3-6, 11-13
3 When I am afraid,
I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?
5 All day long they twist my words;
they are always plotting to harm me.
6 They conspire, they lurk,
they watch my steps,
eager to take my life.
11 in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
12 I am under vows to you, O God;
I will present my thank offerings to you.
13 For you have delivered me from death
and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before God
in the light of life.


Living in fear is a dark place. It certainly isn't pleasant. Fear can hold you back from living an enjoyable life and nobody wants that. How do we swerve away from fear? How do we throw fear out the window?

The only answer I have for you is God. Trust in him with everything. Nobody can make you do anything. You're in control! The only way you can grow in faith is to conquer your fears. You must stand your ground. There is never one stumbling moment that God can't help you overcome!

What causes you to have fear? I know it's hard living in a world that throws fear at us left and right. If you walk before God and let him lead the way, there is no question, no doubt, that he will take over and remove any and all fear. He will shine light, something that fear can't possibly withstand. Go forth in an eager manner so that you can remove all fear!

"Fear grows in darkness" ~Dorothy Thompson

No comments: