Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Defining Fear in the Little Messenger That Could.

Jeremiah 1:4-8
4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.


There's not a whole lot you can say about fear without it getting too repetitious, at least from my perspective at this time. Just trust in God with all your heart, all your mind, and all your soul. That's the bottom line.

Let's talk about Jeremiah for a minute. He was a messenger that was definitely frightened, but he had a message and he ran with it. What did Jeremiah fear? Death and ridicule. He was a man of word and always told God his honest feelings. However, he still obeyed God and his message proved to be true after all. Unlike Jeremiah, those who ignore and disobey God should be fearful. God has a game plan for you and the truth is...no one will be free of suffering. Thank God for existing, because he allows us to stand up and confront our fears.

Nick, who I mentioned last week, brought up the topic about fearing God. The world has every reason to be afraid, yet if you really believe in God there's no reason. There's an old saying that "You have nothing to fear, except for fear itself!" In fact, Nick told us at Acquire the Fire that fear stands for False Evidence Appearing Real. Isn't that great?!?!

I told you a couple days ago that fear is one of Satan's ways to drag you down and away from God. Fear makes you believe what is unreal and unbelievable. So when you see fear approaching, remember it's never a reality.

Today matters for there IS a tomorrow. I don't care if the swine flu comes into your town overnight. It's a natural event that has to run its course. There's always going to be something, so just focus on God! You can't make changes so that you can avoid things in life. You can't just keep putting things off.

Think about the things that are stopping you, if you don't know already. If you're ready to get past your fears today, look at FEAR in the face and say "I've had enough; I'm all about the reality!"

Watch and listen to the song "This Is Our God" by Chris Tomlin.


P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: