Friday, May 8, 2009

God's Power Existing in You.

John 14:12-13
12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.


Not only does this part of John mention that Jesus is God, but Jesus said there would be more examples of his genuine power in the future - letting the disciples witness it first hand.

It was surely incomprehensible at the time, but the disciples soon experienced out-of-this-world miracles that only happened because of God's awesome power. I repeat, that's the only way such miracles happened!

Have you seen the power of Christ come from within you unexpectedly? Maybe your attitude changed toward God and his creation. Whatever it was, it was probably a shock. You may have realized that you are peaceful and meaningful no matter how your circumstances are delivered...even if you're caught in the moment. I can't tell you of a better example of God's mighty power than when he uses your brokenness to mold you into goodness.

Pray careful attention for when the power of God is seen as you go about your day. Thank him and show gratitude for him sacrificing his Son so you could see God in flesh.

No comments: