Friday, May 1, 2009

The Provider of Strength.

Psalm 18:32-36
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.
36 You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.


I'm going to talk about Nick again today, who I talked about yesterday. Again he was an amazing speaker. He had no arms and legs and he was placed on a table so he was up higher and a little easier to see. He would go back and forth between the truth (the Word of God) and the other side of the table where all the lies were wobbling I guess you could see on his little drumstick. The lies are where Satan tells you that you can't make it. You're drowning. You'll never get better. You'll never please God. Then Nick went to the other side and said that bible verses like Jeremiah 29:11 to prove that the devil is so wrong. It's a book that's alive!

To further prove this point he got everyone on the edge of their seats when he said he was going to go over edge of the table and do a double back flip. You know what he said, "Are you kidding, no way, I'd probably break an ankle or something?" He was hilarious! It shows how in such a challenging situation he can make the best of it and it shows God's humor as well.

He lied on his stomach on the table for a while to show what happens when you get in trouble. Then literally he had to work to get up out of that position but he eventually got up and everyone was applauding. This shows what God can do to your life. He can make drastic changes and pick you up again at anytime!

Nick wanted us to know that there is no time to play Satan's games. We need to trust in the Lord. He needs us to get his work done. We need to show and share Christ in our lives. As Nick put it best: "If I don't have arms and legs and I can still be the hands and feet of Jesus then so can you...no matter what!" Those were some of the strongest words I've ever heard!

Watch Nick Vujicic (as promised yesterday) in the video below.
Listen to "Take It All" by Unhindered in the second video.

P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.



No comments: