Thursday, April 30, 2009

God has Plans for You.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."


Right in the middle of the weekend at Acquire the Fire, there was a really exciting speaker. His name is Nick Vujicic. Specifically, this might have been the best part for me. When you hear his story you'll know exactly why...

You see, Nick has no arms and no legs. He only has a "drumstick" as he calls it to keep him somewhat standing off the ground. He was born this way and he really had to adapt to it at first. It was something that baffled the doctors because they had never seen anything like this. Nick didn't think he had a promising future. He was depressed and on the brink of suicide at a young age, but by the time he was fifteen he got an answer from God, seven years after his prayer. He was made for a reason and his purpose was known. The fact that he has no arms and legs is something that he's going to have to live with for the rest of his life.

He goes all over the world to tell his story and to inspire others. He said he has spoken to 3 billion people, 1/10 of the world, from those in India to Panama. I can see why too; he's a true calling from God and it's amazing to see what God has taught him in this. He's probably the most inspiring figure I've ever heard and he speaks loud and strong as well!

What's amazing is his modifications in his routines compared to ours. Something as simple as opening the door is a challenge but he has learned how to most efficiently do a chores that you and I take for granted.

Nick said, "If God doesn't deliver you from your circumstances, it's because he's going to use them."

I'll show you a video of him tomorrow, but in the meantime I leave you with the song "Father Will You Come" by Unhindered. The words are nice and soft and will be forever instilled in my mind.

P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: