Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Watch the Lies.

Psalm 34:12-14
12 Does anyone want to live a life
that is long and prosperous?
13 Then keep your tongue from speaking evil
and your lips from telling lies!
14 Turn away from evil and do good.
Search for peace, and work to maintain it.


You always hear Christians talking about the "truth." The Bible is the word of truth and so on. Well I'm here to say...I believe in that. I gain knowledge by reading the Bible. I know it's true because of what I see around me every single day. It's just...Oh that loving feeling! Not only that it's just amazing :)

Okay so believe what you want to believe. You may know your neighbor and he or she may have a completely different faith system...which is something that we trust and believe is true. You'll never know what they experienced. However, for me I'm trying to convince you that God is the truth, the light, and the way.

Contrast that with the lies that we say. Simply speaking, since God is the truth, the light, and the way, every part of our life should be free of lies if we're Christians. It's tempting, but it's just the devil playing games with you. Don't let him pull you away from the truth literally! He's deceiving you.

Continue believing what you believe. I hope I'm not confusing you; I just pray that everyone who reads this will know that God is the truth. He's real. He sent his Son to die for us. This is what history has told us all along and the Bible is the primary source for that.

"When you want to fool the world, tell the truth." ~Otto von Bismarck
"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear." ~Herbert Agar

Here's a great song, "Amazing Love" to remind us of the truth.

P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: