Saturday, April 11, 2009

A New Beginning is on the Way.

Matthew 27:46
46 At about three o’clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”


It is now the day before Easter and Jesus Christ is resting before he resurrects.

I can't think of a better example of love than Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. The best part about it is that he suffered and died willingly for you and me. It's incredible!

Could you imagine being a witness or being Mary Magdelene? Worse yet, what would it be like to be Jesus? It is really terrifying when he said, "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?"

When Jesus said that, he was quoting Psalm 22:1...My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? Why are you so far away when I groan for help?
This Psalm was written by David and it discusses many of the experiences Jesus was faced with, including mockery. This was a statement that brought about a new beginning! Jesus' statement as he was dying was hopeful indeed. Tomorrow is a big day and hopefully it will be when the reality of this hope sinks in for you!

P.S. There will be a post tomorrow because of Easter!

No comments: