Monday, April 27, 2009

Acquire the Fire 2009!

Matthew 18:20
20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."


I hope your weekend was great. I had a blast on Friday night and all day Saturday at a Christian conference called Acquire the Fire in Tampa. It was a very powerful experience and I'm won't be able to stop thinking about what went on there for some time...good stuff let me tell you!

There were thousands of people...as for the exact number oh, I don't really know. There may have been 2,000 or 3,000 people, but definitely more than 1,000 (I don't do well with estimating numbers that large!) Plus I wasn't concentrated on the numbers so much, I just knew God was there the whole time, for he says "where two or three [and certainly more] come together in my name, there am I with them."

We had wonderful talks by wonderful speakers, great worship and great bands who played. It was simply incredible especially when you see everyone jumping up and down excited about God...knowing that he's real, knowing that he's graceful, knowing that he's merciful, knowing that he's forgiving, knowing that he's loving. Truly the Holy Spirit was working in that arena this weekend!

I leave you today thinking about the huge room full of teenagers on fire for Christ (I being one of them). Pray for them. Let the fire never cease in their hearts which they acquired this weekend! Expect more discussion throughout the week about this event.

"His center is everywhere, His circumference is nowhere." -Henery Law

I'm going to also try this week to have videos up for you of the worship songs we sang. Unhindered was the group who led our worship. I'll start off the week with an exciting song, "Light This World" by Unhindered, sung at a similar event!

P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

1 comment:

light_of_eternity said...

Hey Tyler,
I'm glad to hear that you, as well as thousands of other teens were able to feel God's presence and his sincere love for His people this weekend. I have the opportunity to work with the Tampa Acquire the Fire, and I truly believe that God was present. He honored all of my hard work and prayers for the past six nmonths while working on this event. Thank you for your dedication to see His name glorified!!!
God Bless,
Sara
Tampa ATF Representative