Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pick a Side.

James 3:11-12
11 Does a spring of water bubble out with both fresh water and bitter water? 12 Does a fig tree produce olives, or a grapevine produce figs? No, and you can’t draw fresh water from a salty spring.


James seems to be very serious, but he does answer some pretty valuable questions. Lives can be affected by words and actions, yet we can't be perfect as words spring and flip out of our mouth. What can we possibly do?

Our words and actions can do wonders when you remember that you're a follower of Jesus Christ. If I encourage a friend, I speak out of truth and that truth comes from the person I am in Jesus. When I use hurtful words, I find myself reversing back to my old ways - where I was the top priority.

Where and when do you draw the line? To be honest, you shouldn't really. You either are someone or you aren't someone. I don't know how else to say it, but it's probably better to be your true self until you can commit your life to Jesus Christ everyday. That way, you're more obedient to God and you're not "fake."

A good way to check and see where you fit, is to think back to last week. What do your words and actions tell you right then and there? If you are feeling doubtful, pray that God will transform you into a person in Jesus' name.

Your goal is to make it the Jesus Way or No Way.

No comments: