Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beautiful Feet.

Isaiah 52:7-10
7 How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of the messenger who brings good news,
the good news of peace and salvation,
the news that the God of Israel reigns!
8 The watchmen shout and sing with joy,
for before their very eyes
they see the Lord returning to Jerusalem.
9 Let the ruins of Jerusalem break into joyful song,
for the Lord has comforted his people.
He has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord has demonstrated his holy power
before the eyes of all the nations.
All the ends of the earth will see
the victory of our God.


Have you ever gone looking for a dog or other animal, and one in particular just struck you as the perfect one? I know that happened to my dad and I, or at least I think so. Eight and a half years ago, we were walking around looking at probably about half a dozen different puppies. Most of them looked sick. One in particular was happy to see us, jumping and saying "Get me, get me!" When my dad and I both saw him, we looked at each other, did a little nod, got him, and named him Buddy. Still, I love coming home to him everyday.

Those that walk around telling others the good news in a kind, non-selfish manner, and act as a messenger, are people that stand out to God because they are on a mission to relay his very own mission. He thinks very highly of this and praises them tremendously.

The feet of those who have told the message may be a little dirty because it may not have been an easy task to manage. However, those same feet are beautiful because they are walking on worldly soil and sprinkling it with Jesus' teachings along the way.

“Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: