Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An Everlasting Breath of Life.

Ezekiel 37:5
5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again!


That is such a powerful verse. It's a fairly old song, but after reading the verse above, I thought about it. It's called "Hanging by a Moment" by Lifehouse. The first part of the song is below.

Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

The song is a bit romantic and emotional. I'll have to admit these type of songs have the tendency sometimes to catch me off guard.

What's one thing we do every moment of our life? BREATHE! Hearing this song also makes me think of that beautiful quality. It's so incredible to know that it's with God's breath that we live every moment. He provides us with a life and we are given the opportunity when we wake each morning to make the most of it and whether or not to truly live. I want you to catch up with the living-breathing God. Hang onto it for a while. Maybe this can be a challenge you take on for Lent. Even though were in the second week of Lent, it's never too late to start. May God take your breath away and in exchange, replace it with a breath of everlasting life.

God takes my breath away and gives me something new to work with. Do you feel that way?

Here the song "Hanging by the Moment" by Lifehouse, as mentioned above, in the video below.

P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: