Saturday, March 21, 2009

Don't Let Your Age Be a Factor.

1 Timothy 4:12-16
12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 13 Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them.
14 Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you. 15 Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress. 16 Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you.


God needs everyone! He needs all generations, from child to elder, to help spread his word and he certainly doesn't intend on excluding the youth from this.

I know some people might believe it is strange for teenagers to spread the word and to encourage others to walk with Jesus Christ. They may think we're just following the Christian crowd because it's the right thing to do, we're not wise enough, and have not experienced enough to truly say how it is.

I disagree with that. I know when I encourage others it's because I feel God calling me to do so. I wouldn't have a love for being at church, if I just followed others. If I did go just to follow other Christians, it would be boring and essentially I would be wasting my time. However, I do it for my own sake to gear myself toward telling others and it's definitely not a waste of time.

Hey blog reader, if any of you out there are my age, don't be frightened by some strangers and adults giving you a weird look. A majority won't. In fact, they probably will smile. I just want you to keep that in mind so you can continue to work on the Kingdom work and not have a re-entry into the worldly things. Don't forget to pray for those who give youth the weird look!

God Bless!

The lesson from this week...

"If you teach men that God is the source of their pleasure and sin is the source of their pain, they will run to God and away from sin." ~Jacquelyn K. Heasley

“Evangelism is not salesmanship It is not urging people, pressing them, coercing them, overwhelming them, or subduing them. Evangelism is telling a message. Evangelism is reporting good news.” ~Richard C. Halverson

No comments: