Monday, March 9, 2009

A Maturing Christian.

1 Corinthians 13:11-12
11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.


Ahhh...children! In the past, I've told you how lovable they are, along with such innocence and beauty. Today, this verse also reminds me of childhood and actually life up until this moment.

One of the facts of life is that a person changes in many ways when they go from childhood to adulthood. Behavior is a huge change. Of course this process isn't overnight at all. Certain habits, hobbies, and beliefs tend to fade away that arose in our minds as a child. Becoming a Christian is just like this. A Christian matures just as a child matures; a Christian develops new thoughts and perspectives just as a growing child does; the process of Christianity being instilled in a person is a fairly long process that definitely takes time.

Progressive changes marks a Christian well. It becomes noticeable at times. A new lifestyle springs from having God in the center of your life.

I have experienced the change, and believe you me, I'm still in my infant stages. I almost feel it will never end. There are some hard adjustments at first, but trust me, I know it's worth it. God is always at our side and will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS love us.

”The truth of God hits you hard, but the devil's lies can knock you out.” ~Unknown

As if God's word isn't inspirational enough, I think this quote makes me want to read my Bible right now!

No comments: