Wednesday, August 4, 2010

God Promises: Sufficent Grace.

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


I realize that I have written a devotion on this Bible verse previously (see July 31, 2009), but over the last couple weeks it has certainly been catching my eye again. In fact, I have seen this verse all over my my friends' profiles on facebook.

I've been thinking about this, and you know, grace is what allows you to survive no matter what! It doesn't matter what events unravel, who turns against you, or how many times you fail to succeed.

Is it true that when you find your pet that you love like your cat or dog, you show them love? I know I do. (It's funny that I mention this because today is my dog Buddy's birthday!) If they're not lying down in their normal "favorite" spot or they need water, it's natural to pick them up and move them or give them more water. In much of the same way, God picks us up with his grace when we're not confident in our hope or in order to heal us. Also, unlike our food or even pet food, God's grace doesn't expire. It doesn't go bad. It's non-perishable food. It's always fresh and never-ending!

How can you make God's grace appear as a reality in your life? Accept the Lord's promises; remember I'll be continuing to share more of his promises with you for the rest of the week.

It's also best that we acknowledge our own weaknesses and to mention where God has dominated during our greatest limitations. It's common to hear of people making a list of their strengths, but how often are we asked to look beyond ourselves? That is, observing when God's grace triumphs in certain situations along with other people.

"...It is by grace that one becomes a Christian, and it is by grace that one lives the Christian life." ~Kay Arthur

Here is the perfect song for today: "Your Grace Is Enough" by Chris Tomlin



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause. P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: