Saturday, May 29, 2010

Yahweh.

Malachi 1:11-12
11 My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to my name, because my name will be great among the nations," says the LORD Almighty.
12 "But you profane it by saying of the Lord's table, 'It is defiled,' and of its food, 'It is contemptible.'


From the 9/11 terrorist attacks to the Oklahoma bombings to the Columbine and V Tech shootings, these violent outbreaks all meant for a chaotic country. These days were forever marked in the history books. Now for the last several months another tragedy has affected the country: the oil spill in the Gulf.

The truth of the matter is we're bound to always have tragic events unveil in our country. It's hard to accept the reality, but it is what it is. Too often we become complacent about such events.

The sad thing that is becoming all too real is that we're forgetting the God of our nation. Our church visits become all too ritualistic. Don't make it a necessity; go because you want to go! Did I mention our prayers? They're too routine. It's so hard to understand why we function the way we do.

National and world crises evolve everyday. It's a bit frightening. If we get to know the Lord, he can be there to answer our questions, comfort, and guide us through the rocky times.

These times were much anticipated by God. The awesome thing is that no matter how many times we turn our backs to God, he is always pleading for us. He wants to forgive us and to heal us.

Now onto Yahweh. Yahweh is a Hebrew word that means "he is" or "he exists." God is here for you and me...and all of the nation from the ends of the earth. God wants to be your best friend. Do you believe that he's your God?

Remember last week when I was talking about our Abba, Father? I also mentioned a mysterious song...well here it is: "Yahweh" by Tal and Acacia.

Lyrics are not on the video because I haven't found a video with the lyrics online, but they can be found on the following site: http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=11&id=1040004
The chorus is posted below...

Do I believe that you're my God
That You're all I need That you're all I need
Do I believe that you'll sit down
and be crowned my king for eternity
Do I believe that you're my God
That You're all I need That you're all I need
Do I believe that you'll sit down
and be crowned my king for eternity
Do I believe that you're my God
That You're all I need That you're all I need
Do I believe that you'll sit down
and be crowned my king for eternity
So Let time Pass Away
My Daddy, My Abba, My Best Friend
YAHWEH



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

HAPPY 500TH POST! MAY THE LORD BE AN ACTIVE PART OF MANY LIVES. MAY MY DADDY, ABBA, BEST FRIEND, YAHWEH, CONTINUE TO GIVE ME THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY EACH DAY. LET GOD SHOW "YA THE WAY" (as yahweh suggests).
Chances are my posts won't be all too regular for the next couple weeks as family will be in town. Keep checking in!

No comments: