Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kurt Warner.

Matthew 6:33
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


It's inspiring to see those who get all the media attention or are big in Christian ministry spread the Word. Just to see what makes them tick is also awesome. I'll be continuing the series for the rest of the week...now, for the guys.

Kurt Warner is a formal NFL football player who most recently played quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals. Whenever you're the star of the game, many people look up to you and I think Warner realized that...he had to share his faith.

He said, "This(verse) encourages me to set aside everything I ever thought was important and focus on what He is telling me is important. From the day I became a Christian, until the day I see Jesus face to face, my goal in life is to align my thoughts, my actions and my life with the perfect plan of my Heavenly Father. This, to me, is what being a Christian is all about and the reason Matthew 6:33 has changed my life."

You see, even though he was raised in a church all of his life, it took him most of his life to get his faith act together. He finally came to know the Lord at about the age of 25, over 13 years ago. Warner is a believer that Christianity isn't just a religion, it's relationship and lifestyle.

Kurt Warner gives blessings back to the community by using what God has given him. He and his wife set up the "First things first" foundation. It helps single parents and those with debilitating diseases. Warner was awarded the Walter Payton Man of the Year award in 2008.

I love how the foundation is called "first things first." It originates from a superbowl interview in 1999:

Mike Tirico from ABC: "Kurt, first things first — tell me about the final touchdown pass to Isaac."
Kurt Warner: "Well, first things first, I've got to thank my Lord and Savior up above — thank you, Jesus!"

Kurt Warner seeks the Kingdom values and I hope and pray that you do as well.
We influence so many people. May we glorify the King in all ways by bringing others to Christ.

Here's an interview with Kurt Warner:



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: