Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tony Dungy.

Matthew 16:26
26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?


Tony Dungy is a former professional American football player and coach in the NFL. He announced his retirement from the Colts more than a year ago. He believed that it was more than just winning. His job was to share the good news of Christ with others.

When Dungy was in Tampa, he was a public speaker and worked for Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Athletes in Action. He even supported charitable organizations such as Family First, a foster parenting organization.

Dungy is an evangelical Christian who at one point speculated about going into the prison ministry. He admits that he has been a devout Christian and it's a good thing because he has been through a lot; his faith has let him get by in life. His son died a couple of years ago. There's one thing that's for sure: God kept him on his toes through the highs and lows. God can do the same for you.

From what I see, Dungy believes that the first will be the last, and the last will be the first. You can't just surrender your life to God, but you have to live for God and serve others as well.

Today's scripture reading calls us to lay our lives before the Lord. We have to honor God and redeem others. The cross is open to anyone. God, may your faith guide us to surrender to your will. May we have the power to know the truth that Christ died for us.

"If people didn’t know me and only knew my public persona, what I’d want them to know is everything that I do, I do for the Glory of Lord," Dungy says. "Because of my Christian faith, that’s who I am. I wasn’t always that way, but I’m very proud that I am. I would tell people that I’m the same person. I have ups and downs. I have negative thoughts, negative actions. I don’t win every game. I have the same issues that everybody else has. What I’ve tried to do is use my faith in my job and let my faith direct me.


I hope you learned a little something about these celebrities this week. Remember to keep positive role models in your life who hold you accountable to your Christian faith and relationship with Christ.

Please keep my family in your prayers over the weekend and on Monday for funeral services and travel mercies. My dad lost his step mom this week.

No comments: