Thursday, May 6, 2010

God Leads You to Success.

1 Samuel 18:14
14 In everything he did he had great success, because the LORD was with him.


For me, the month of May is an insanely busy month and it's just getting started. Now that it is my senior year and I've been in the International Baccalaureate program for four years, it's exam time! It takes place over the course of nine days, covers five subjects, and all subjects have at least two exams (some have three). What are the purpose of these exams? To determine if I will receive my IB diploma. The good news is that my odds of obtaining my diploma doesn't rest exclusively on passing my exams. Each class had assessments last year and/or this year along with some major papers which are all factored into the formula.

You see, at this point I've been accepted into college (Florida State University). Therefore, whether or not I receive my IB diploma won't matter. Plus, I won't find out until July! Even though it is a bit of a stressful and frustrating time, because naturally I want to do my best on these exams, I'm not driving myself absolutely crazy with it. I know I've done so much work up until this point. There's no turning back now. Nothing can take away what knowledge I gained from the program even if those silly tests freeze up my mind!

You see, God, and my parents, have been by my side the whole time...pushing me to do my very best. God has given me many opportunities and has paved the way for a great future. He has helped me look at the big picture by establishing short and long-term goals. Although I'm not close to being done with these exams (10 more to go), and it's still a little early to draw such conclusions, I can still tell you that I'm successful because of my experiences rather than the exam results which inaccurately measure what I can recall over the course of nine days out of my entire high school career. Just one bad test day can mess you up! Can you tell I don't like tests?

The bottom line is that if you don't use the influential voice of God to plan, you are going to fail. There's the age old saying: "Failing to plan is planning to fail."

So listen to "There Is No One Like You" by David Crowder Band today.



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: