Saturday, May 22, 2010

God's House.

Ephesians 2:19-20
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.


EDIT -- I will be busy this weekend and out of town Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for college orientation. I won't have time to write any posts. Devotions will be back Thursday; Saturday and will be my 500th post :)


I'm sure you've done some people watching before and noticed some very different people. They may look a little different, talk differently, or act differently. It's natural for us to all notice these things. There are no excuses, however, for not telling them about God and his family. You can't use their distinctiveness as a scapegoat. The apostle Paul wants us to know that we belong! We need to be a part of one, big community.

Why are we not foreigners, aliens, or outsiders? Because of God's grace! We belong to God's family no matter what. After all, we all have roles and no two people are going to have the same exact roles. God needs all of us. It should also be mentioned that Jesus Christ is the cornerstone, or the foundation, for God's house. Second to Jesus, we are all a part of God's house. We'll never be kicked out. We'll always be together in his house.

Abba, Father, time and time again you bless others no matter their generation or race. You stay strong to your promises while I fail. Thank you for providing me with grace through Jesus or else I wouldn't know the people who I know today. I'm glad you continue to openly accept me into your house even though I sometimes doubt I am worthy to live up to your standards. Remind me that I belong to you.

No comments: