Saturday, May 8, 2010

Jesus Set the Example of Love.

John 13:33-34
33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.


There are a few points that I want to make today. So often we talk about loving Jesus with all our heart, mind, and soul. While this is important, as is love in any relationship, remember to love everyone, including your enemies. It's such a hard thing to do.

Also, some people think that their "What Would Jesus Do?" bracelet defines their loving nature. I don't think that's true. The same can be said for necklaces. Anyone can wear a cross necklace. Some wear it for security, but that's doesn't mean they live out a Christian lifestyle. You have to show love by your actions to others. Then people can look at your WWJD bracelet or cross necklace and say, "Oh, that's what's different about you...you really love Jesus." The bottom line is that people will know Jesus by your love and nothing else.

With that said, many think that you have to be a Bible scholar before you can love people and transform the world. However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to love others just as Jesus did. Show one act of love at a time with everyone you come in contact with. Above all, Jesus loves you so much: he didn't send a text or an e-mail to you. He sent his son to die for YOU in which his love never fails!

Make a revolution today by showing at least one act of love to someone. May this cause a ripple effect of love. Love is extravagant and rational. Don't forget that Jesus wants us to demonstrate these characteristics when we love.

So, that's a wrap on the Acquire the Fire series. What you heard over the last two weeks is just a summary of the concepts with my own words embedded in there. I couldn't possibly tell you everything though.

Wishing all Moms a Happy Mother's Day Sunday! Here's a bit of a comedic video by the Skit Guys.

No comments: