Thursday, September 4, 2008

Follow God's Commands.

Deuteronomy 28:13-15
13 If you listen to these commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today, and if you carefully obey them, the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always be on top and never at the bottom. 14 You must not turn away from any of the commands I am giving you today, nor follow after other gods and worship them.

15 “But if you refuse to listen to the Lord your God and do not obey all the commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come and overwhelm you:


This passage is just yelling out at me today. There are countless times during my day that I find myself following the culturally dominated world...doing the secular things. In more ways than one, the secular way is corrupt. How then, you ask, can we do the righteous thing that the scripture talks about?

God wants us to listen and obey his commands, so do just that. His commands are unlike any other. We can't be shameful. We are being led to Salvation! We must do what God says; we must act as God does.

Take a moment to listen to what he has to say at this very moment...
Pray that it will be easier for our minds to notice the Godly commands and obey them as well.

"God authors desires in your heart, then fulfills His Will by enabling you to realize those desires." ~Edwin Louis Cole

No comments: