Thursday, September 11, 2008

Don't Be a "Fake" Christian.

Colossians 3:5-10
5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. 6 Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.[a] 7 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. 8 But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. 9 Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.

Don't lie...that's the big thing that this passage is saying. You can only truly be one person right? So don't act one way around a certain group of friends and act completely different when you're in a different setting. Don't just make good choices because you're at church, but apply them everywhere and everything you do in life.

It's also never smart to hide things on the inside. Even though others can't necessarily see your inside, God can. So that means don't act abnormally just because you want to please God. After all, he knows the truth and what your intentions are. I'd say it's better to act your real self, until you can be become a serious Christian...God will take you anytime and there are people out there that help you come to Christ!

Over the next couple days I'll be talking about worship life.

I guess you could say this is a good, traditional song that you can ask God to remind you to be true to your being at all times.

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

It is you, Lord
Who came to save
The heart and soul
Of every man
It is you Lord
who knows my weakness
Who gives me strength,
With thine own hand.

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving I'll be a living
Sanctuary for you

Lead Me on Lord
From temptation
Purify me
From within
Fill my heart with
You holy spirit
Take away all my sin

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more, I feel so strongly about this, great job as always.