Monday, October 5, 2009

The Perfect Remedy for Doubt.

Joshua 1:7-8
7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.


I don't know what happens sometimes, but some people look at God as a huge puzzle and one that they can't figure out. They also question whether it's worth living a life that glorifies God. Some don't even know whether the choices they are making are pleasing to God or not. There's also those who believe God is big, powerful, and therefore is a cloud of negativity - a being only to come after them when they go wrong.

I often ask myself how could I EVER go about day without being granted that piece of mind that God offers when you walk by his side. I never want to lose that. I never want to doubt God now that I have found my faith.

Perhaps, if you or someone you know questions God's presence, then the Bible is an ideal solution. It certainly helps to guide one's decisions. Remember, Jesus shows us how to make God happy.

This isn't an overnight resolution for sure, however, I think practice will make better (not perfect). The more engaged and involved you get in the scripture, the more answers you'll have - I promise! We gain awareness of Jesus' teachings. When you add prayer to the mix, this adds extra direction and teaching.

What could you do to be more involved in the Word of God and strengthen your intimacy with God? Would you be able to attend a Bible study at least once a week? The odds are for you, my friend. There are ways to overcome uncertainty about God. I would recommend starting off by reading some scripture everyday, if anything.

Best of luck to everyone as you overcome any doubt about Christ!

Here's TobyMac's new song "City On Our Knees"



P.S. If you have trouble with the video stopping and starting, keep the video paused, and let it "buffer" (load) as it's called for a while. You will see the red bar along the bottom advance (speed depends on your Internet connection). Wait until that bar gets pretty far along (I'd say more than halfway) before you play the video and it shouldn't pause.

No comments: