Saturday, October 10, 2009

Don't Get Too Caught Up in Gifts.

Psalm 27:5-6
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.


I always mention that it's necessary to praise God for our blessings and gifts. Looking at the other side of the spectrum, however, I want to ask you: do you ever get so caught up in all the blessings that you receive from God? Yes, God is good, but we have to understand and acknowledge his presence too. We have to remember he has a will for us in the present. God also wants us to have a personal and intimate relationship with him at the same time. Think of God as your best friend. He is a true friend - he will never leave you or betray you.

King David is a good role model in this instance. He knew how vital it was to praise God for his gifts and blessings while dwelling in his house and spirit. If you approach God in this manner, even more blessings will stem from this. You will gain a great deal of joy as well. Just remember that...

...The bottom line is that you should pursue God with all your heart, not just his offerings he gives to you.

No comments: