Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Falling Short of Perfection.

Psalm 18:30-32
30 As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.


It's a tough fact to swallow. We're not perfect. Yet, it seems like we're asked to be perfect because God's perfect?

I couldn't begin to tell you all my imperfections. There's not a moment that goes by when I don't make mistakes. If I had to put all my mistakes just from today on one sheet of paper, I'm sure it wouldn't fit even in the smallest font.

I'm very glad that God doesn't exactly expect us to be completely perfect. Go back and read the passage for a moment. God's way is perfect. That's the important part understand. We need to strive for near perfection (but look at it as God-like).

God created you and I'm pretty sure he'd have no other way. Does that mean you can't TRY? Absolutely not. He really wants you to make wise choices. You're not trying, if you're not even thinking your actions through: that is, understanding right from wrong. From that, we are to learn from our mistake, and try to avoid the same mistake next time.

Do you see how much God cares for us? We know that God's perfect. As a result, it's best if we're close to God so we can lean on his perfection. Part of the attempt to become nearly perfect doesn't go without work however. Don't let the devil tempt you. Keep God as the major influence in your life. You have to again TRY by spending time with him each day in his Word and pray to him.

No comments: