Friday, October 10, 2008

How's Your Love Life?

Revelation 2:2-4

2 “I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance. I know you don’t tolerate evil people. You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. 3 You have patiently suffered for me without quitting.
4 “But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!

Jesus sent a message to the church at Ephesus, but it's a message that can still be heard today in churches and even by you.

The believers at Ephesus deserve some praise. They worked hard for God in order to battle with evil. They didn't give up, even when it was exhausting and seemingly pointless at the time. They lived in the name of Jesus.

There was a problem though. They had neglected the love they had for Jesus when they first met him. Their works were good, but were not done out of love. The genuineness was not present. That hurt Jesus and broke his heart.

You can do every good deed there is in the book. You want to keep the main purpose in mind before getting too carried away...do everything with meaning and love for Christ.

"When you say I love you, mean it." ~Author Unknown

No comments: