Friday, October 17, 2008

God's Laughing.

Job 8:21
21 He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Psalm 59:8
8 But Lord, you laugh at them.
You scoff at all the hostile nations.


Here's something to brighten up your day...God laughs! Those scriptures tell us so. Looking in context, God is laughing at the rebels and those who are foolish and those think that they have more power than he does. He laugh at absurdity and maybe thinks, "you're kidding, right?"

Don't take this the wrong way though. I strongly believe God is not harsh and does not laugh at our problems we face each and veryday. I can't say it enough...but he loves us!

He has a great sense of humor nonetheless. Why would God create human beings who are any different than he is? That goes to say he wouldn't create a weird sense of humor if he didn't have one. God is filled with joy and laughter. He is not afraid to show it! I remember asking God a few years ago if I could stay away from the mission field, but now I can't get enough of it. He's sent me on one every year for the last three years. That's just one example for you.

"God is a comedian." ~Voltaire

No comments: