Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Holy Spirit Lives.

I wrote this back in May, so the time frames are reflective of then not now...

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

Romans 8:26
26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.


In recent weeks, at sunday school and youth the discussion has been about listening to God and feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit. With that said, I found it really neat that I felt God speaking to me through prayer one day a couple weeks ago. It wasn't a voice per say, it seemed more like my conscience telling me something, but I still knew it was God. Just think of a ziploc bag. You see, we can put something like dirt or pretty much anything else in the bag and it will always be there when you want it, whenever you choose to open the bag up. That's how the Holy Spirit works. It can always be found in full function in and around us, but unless it is utilized and we are open to accept it, it won't do us any good. Just think, God's grace and forgiveness are contained within the Holy Spirit. We need to ask for forgiveness though before God pours it on us. Also, the Holy Spirit is not vague. The Holy Spirit is to be seen as a person of the Trinity: the Father, Son and God. It is full of intellect, emotions and will, according to scripture.

I think Romans 8:26 explains so much...It's hard to convey the message laid on my heart, yet I'm so glad I could get so much from what God did.
This song Word of God Speak by MercyMe reminds me of the Holy Spirit. It makes me realize how graceful, mighty and everlasting God is. Here are the lyrics:

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[CHORUS]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[REPEAT CHORUS]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls" ~Mother Teresa

I pray that everyone reading this can understand the Holy Spirit and have it embedded within them.

No comments: