Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Running Errands.

Psalm 139:5-10
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

Did you ever notice how we always have something to do? There's never a dull moment in the American way of life. We're doing housework, we're going to the store, going shopping, and sometimes just doing what we have to get done. What happens when we go to run these errands? We tend to shut out everything around us and just concentrate on completing our tasks. Often it involves being in a big rush!

I know the same goes for me when I run to the store. I'm pretty much a typical male. I find what I want and leave. That's rushing. It takes away the meaning sometimes and the mood isn't as pleasant for you and everyone else.

Notice though that God can do "errands" and show his mighty work to millions at once. He still has time to talk to us and guide each and every one of us. He has a plan for YOU. Even though he is a God, the point is he wants us to do the same (as much as possible). Slow down a little today and put it toward your relationship and time with God.


“Always remember to slow down in life; live, breathe, and learn; take a look around you whenever you have time and never forget everything and every person that has the least place within your heart.” ~Unknown

No comments: