Monday, June 8, 2009

God Knows Us Best.

Psalm 139:1-4
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.


Things are finally less hectic compared to finals and SAT and such. I did fairly well on them. Hope you all had a spectacular week.

Meanwhile, on Sunday I taught a middle school Sunday school class and I talked to them and asked them why they should have God in their life even at this youthful age. I gave them a piece of paper and asked them the reason they're in the class today. I wanted to see if my thoughts were true that many come just because of their friends...for a social hour. For the most part, I was right. A majority did write that they came for their friends or said, "I come for God and my friends."

The idea was that you can put a "Sunday School answer" (a phrase that my teacher always used...I don't think I have to explain the meaning) such as to learn the word of God or you can be honest and say I'm here for my friends. I wanted them to know that they should come to learn about God and share the presence of God with their friends.

Even though they put their own answers, God knows their heart. God knows whether you are telling the truth. He can't be fooled by your "Sunday school answers." He knows you better than your family and friends. Accept that and just tell the truth. It doesn't make sense to do otherwise. Learn from the Word because you want to learn, not because you have to learn!

No comments: