Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's All a Test.

Acts 14:22
22 strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.


I'm going on a bit of a random streak today compared to the rest of the posts recently, so it should be interesting...
I am not a test taker. In fact, oftentimes I do fairly average to poor on tests. Generally, it's nothing outstanding. It's not because I don't study or I don't do my work. I do both of those. I guess it's just because I freeze up during the test because I feel pressured. I wouldn't even say I have test anxiety. My confidence can be sky high, and I can still do poorly. Man I miss the good 'ole elementary school days, when the tests were "What's 2+2?" Now you have to use your brain as you think about vectors!

Our faith is constantly tested as well. No matter where we're at in our faith, each day we are at new levels. (Imagine a graduation every day!) Each time we pass one faith test, there's always the next one that's coming our way. From what I've seen, it's only going to get harder. I hope you see the relationship here between school and Christianity...

I don't want you to be discouraged, however. I want you to be encouraged even if you are having a challenging time right now. Just think of it this way: God is letting you pass through different levels of faith as you graduate. The good thing about these difficult tests is that your reward is greater and an even bigger blessing will await you on the other side! God is testing you so that you can do more for his Kingdom...he wants YOU!

No comments: