Monday, June 22, 2009

The Key is Believing.

John 12:44-46
44 Then Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.


Before I talk about believing who you are, I think you have to understand something else first...
I've talked about this before, but Jesus wants us to imitate him. He wants us to follow him - come to him and do as he does. The reason Jesus asks us to imitate him is so that the world will come to know him. He's NOT waving a flag at himself saying that once you accept him as your Lord and Savior, you will become a perfect being. He wants you to follow him so that you know how the whole Christian thing works personally. It's a JOURNEY not an IMMEDIATE ARRIVAL OF UNDERSTANDING.

So now that we got that covered, I'll bring you into the whole idea about believing in yourself and who you really are. How are the two topics similar to each other? Essentially, they're really not, but from what I've learned, you must understand the basics BEFORE you believe something sincerely.

When you start believing in something, your entire perspective is altered. If an actress believes that the role she is playing is who she really is, then her choices to act a certain way and look a certain way become almost second nature. Often, the most outlandish things or simplest and tiniest details are absorbed by your inner character and are responsible for transforming you into the person you're going to be.

If there was a law of behavior, it would go something like this: Once someone gets an idea of who they are, their actions are similar to those beliefs. Your belief leads to your actions which reveals your character and who you are! So, what do you believe?

If you're going to believe in the idea of Christianity, then first you must understand the importance behind it...what it's all about (imitating and following Christ, and thus God-and of course spreading the word). Such a belief isn't staged. It's LIVE and ALIVE! It's real life! As the scripture says, by believing [in Christ], you bring in light and eliminate the darkness.

I think it's safe to say that believing is the foundation and basis of who and what we are.

"Faith means believing the unbelievable." ~G.K. Chesterton

No comments: