Friday, February 13, 2009

Just Admit It.

Psalm 51:6-9
6 But you desire honesty from the womb,
teaching me wisdom even there.
7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me—
now let me rejoice.
9 Don’t keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt..


As a junior in high school, I have now done many science labs...not just the classic science fair projects that were done every year up until now. This year, I am taking both Biology II and Chemistry II and in those courses I have to write lab reports, that include my hypothesis, procedure, data, and conclusion/evaluation among a long list of other things for the experiment. The evaluation is probably one of the most important parts. Sure, data collection is important and making sure you can present the data is important but analyzing what went on is vital as well. It is in the evaluation section of the report that I have to discuss what happened, maybe what was good and what was not so good in the experiment. I can also suggest some modifications that could be made if I had the chance to re-do it. In science, eventually you come to understand that recording data will not be exactly perfect. It's those human eyes. In fact, in some cases it will be far from perfect. Acknowledging the fact that certain results of the lab were because of human error is required from the teacher so that he or she can understand questionable gaps (I guess you could call it) in the lab report.

Meanwhile, as Christians we must also understand that we are not perfect and that we need to give ourselves "room for error." Despite this fact, nothing under the sun, can be done to terminate God's love for us. However, that does not mean we shouldn't pay attention to the times when we mess up. Just like a scientist reports when he or she messed up, the same should be done as a child of God. Confess your sins to God in prayer and by doing that, God will forgive you and he will certainly continue to love you.

"There are nine requisites for contented living: HEALTH enough to make work a pleasure; WEALTH enough to support your needs; STRENGTH enough to battle with difficulties and forsake them; GRACE enough to confess your sins and overcome them; PATIENCE enough to toil until some good is accomplished; CHARITY enough to see some good in your neighbor; LOVE enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others; FAITH enough to make real the things of God; HOPE enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.” ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: